Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Draws Thousands To Community Service Across Country
From Des Moines to Portland to Charleston and everywhere in between, thousands of volunteers across the country participated in a national day of service, often in partnership with local-based nonprofit and community organizations. MLK Day is the only federally-recognized national day of service and is usually focused on helping local communities. This Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day also saw renewed calls for commitments to civil rights ideals from community leaders and activists.
Read more ➝
Acquisition of Classy By GoFundMe Represents Continued, Fast-Paced Consolidation Of Nonprofit Fundraising Space
As reported by The NonProfit Times, nonprofit fundraising platform Classy has been purchased by the crowdfunding platform GoFundMe. We encourage readers to read the full report in The NonProfit Times. Over $1.1 billion was raised on the Classy platform in 2021 alone, and since its inception, GoFundMe has raised more than $15 billion. This most recent announcement comes on the heels of the purchase of EveryAction by a private equity firm, and the Blackbaud purchase of Everfi for $750 million. All three deals have been publicly announced within the last two weeks.
Read more ➝
- 2020 Census Memo Cites ‘Unprecedented’ Meddling by Trump Administration (NY Times)
- Twin Cities nonprofits face critical shortages of volunteers amid omicron surge (Star Tribune)
- How Nonprofits Helped Fuel the Opioid Crisis (The Chronicle of Philanthropy)
- A Look Inside NYC’s Supervised Drug-Injection Sites, The First In The Nation
- Local pet adoption nonprofit honors Betty White, holds fundraiser as part of nationwide challenge (CBS17.com)