At Whole Whale, we believe that AI has the potential to transform the nonprofit sector and help organizations achieve their missions more effectively. However, we also recognize that AI can be a powerful tool that must be used responsibly and ethically.
Whole Whale uses AI for the creation of content but acknowledges that a human editor is always required before creating a public-facing resource. Our brand is built on trust and AI tools must be fact-checked to maintain our standards. We believe AI is a first-draft not a final-draft creative assistant.
To ensure that our use of AI aligns with our values and mission, we have developed the following policy:
- We will use AI to support our and our client’s goals and objectives to help them achieve their missions more effectively. We will not use AI in ways that are harmful or discriminatory when designing chat-first solutions.
- When using AI to create written or multi-media content we will respect the work of authors and artists when designing prompts to avoid directly using living artists in prompts.
- We will be transparent about our use of AI and will communicate clearly with our clients about how we are using AI to support by way of this statement. Our goal is to produce the highest quality services and we believe AI-assisted workflows are necessary to achieve this.
- We will use AI in ways that protect the privacy and security of data. We will ensure that any data we collect or use is handled in accordance with best practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- We will use AI to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the nonprofit sector. We will work to ensure that our AI tools and services are accessible and inclusive for all.
- Regarding the use of copyrighted material and protected data in LLMs, we will look to follow the laws of the United States to govern how we continue to use various platforms.
- We will continuously evaluate and improve our use of AI to ensure that it aligns with our values and mission. We will be open to feedback and will make changes as necessary to ensure that our use of AI is responsible and ethical. This is a rapidly changing field growing at an exponential rate, as the facts on the ground change, so too will our responsible approach to AI.
By following this policy, we believe that we can use AI to support the nonprofit sector in a way that is responsible, ethical, and aligned with our values and mission.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of AI, please don’t hesitate to contact us at https://www.wholewhale.com/contact.