Learn how to run the Google Ad Grant like an agency.
Starting January 2022
Cohort Limited to 25 Organizations. Session Dates TBD.
FACT: Google gives nonprofits $120,000 a year of in-kind dollars to advertise their cause
FACT: Too many nonprofits do NOT benefit from this crucial resource…
even nonprofits that already have the Google Ad Grant.
Why is this?
Because even if you have the Google Ad Grant, it’s hard to make the most of it.
It’s not your fault. Free money is a game-changer, but there’s not a grant for free time. And if you’re working at a nonprofit, your time is just as valuable as your money. We know nonprofit professionals are stretched thin. Chances are, the Google Ad Grant is only one of the many hats you wear around your organization. Using Google Ads to its full potential requires an investment of time you may not have to offer.
We can help. And we want to help, because we believe in the impact of nonprofits.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve made it our personal mission to streamline data and tech for nonprofits to save team time and increase real impact. From VolunteerMatch to Donate Life America, we’ve managed over $10 million dollars for over 50 Ad Grant accounts. Along the way, we’ve learned every efficiency trick and impact hack in the book. Our Google Ad Grant Cohort is the result of distilling this experience into a more flexible option. This is our client work bottled up into a concentrate. It’s every bit as potent, but it’s easier to fit into your calendar.
Take control of your Google Ad Grant in bite-sized sessions. We’ll make it worth your while, so you can save time in the long-run. And 6 months from now? We can’t wait to see the impact your nonprofit is making.
What you’ll learn:
- How to set up your Ad Grant account for success
- How to protect your Ad Grant account from suspension, with exclusive tips to save time and reduce anxiety
- How to set digital advertising goals that drive your organizational impact, not just clicks
- How to create campaigns that help your organization reach those goals
- How to interpret and draw meaningful insights from advertising metrics in Google Ads and Google Analytics
- How to work smarter, not harder, with strategies to minimize the time it takes to manage your Ad Grant
Our Ad Grant Cohort is meant for:
- Nonprofit communications, marketing, or fundraising professionals new to Google Ads
- Professionals looking for a refresher on the latest strategies and tactics
- Individuals that work to manage nonprofit Google Ads accounts who want to learn the latest best practices
- Participants must already have an active Google Ad Grant to enroll. If your organization does not yet have a Google Ad Grant account, you can start the application process here. The confirmation email will include an onboarding survey to ensure the students are ready for the cohort.
This game-changing seminar series will cover the main components of the Google Ad Grant strategy and management process. We’ll outline the essential techniques for developing an effective (and efficient!) Google Ad Grant strategy.
Each week will include a 1.5 hour live collaborative training session + access to office hours for additional support.
Week 1/ Introduction: Account Structure + Setting Goals
- Introductions to participants and instructors
- Review of the Google Ad Grant program, basic account structure, and high-priority policy requirements
- Discussion of digital goal-setting using the Funnel of Engagement framework
Week 2/ Creative Campaign Brainstorm
- Review case studies from nonprofit organizations using the Google Ad Grant to support different causes and digital goals
- Brainstorm new creative campaign ideas for participants to employ based on organizational needs
Week 3/ Planning Ad Groups by Choosing Keywords + Writing Ads
- Breakdown of the campaign planning process, including:
- Ad group structure
- How to choose quality keywords
- How to write strong Google search ads
Week 4/ Building a Campaign
- Walkthrough of the complete campaign building process in the Ad Grant platform
Week 5/ Measuring, Management + Final Thoughts
- Review of priority Ad Grant metrics and how to analyze performance
- Discuss best practices for ongoing management and optimization of the account
- We will close with additional time for questions and feedback on the course.
Cohort students will also receive:
- Access to a one-of-a-kind community of like-minded nonprofit professionals that are learning with you
- A post Cohort check-in 3-4 months after graduation. We won’t leave you hanging. We are committed to ensuring you get the value you deserve.
- Email support with our Ad Grant experts
- Access to recorded sessions long after the Cohort ends. Brush up on the basics on your own time, and build long-term team capacity.
- Learn-by-doing? You’ll also get access to “homework assignments”, so you can get the very most out of your experience – no matter your learning style.
- Qualified support. As a member of the Ad Grant Certified Professionals Community, Whole Whale specializes in helping orgs get the most from their spend and avoid grant suspension.
- Specialized live support during office hours
“I know there is a lot I can learn from the Whole Whale University that is applicable to some of my personal goals at my job this year.“
CASA New Hampshire
“Ali and Rachel are kind and knowledgeable, and really patient in the face of working with a variety of familiarity levels with the platform.”
Columbia Land Conservancy
Meet Your Ad Grant Fairy Godparents
Early Bird Pricing limited to first 10 seats: $599 Sold Out!
Regular pricing for the final 15 seats is $699
100% Refund Guarantee
Not happy with the course? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30-days of purchasing, let us know how we can improve and poof money back.