Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time position open for 2017. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Content Intern for Fall 2017. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via website articles and SEO content strategy. Interns are expected to work 2 days a week from September to December, and will be paid a semester stipend of $1,500.
– Write content for our blog and other parts of Whole Whale and client websites
– Write and edit meta descriptions for content on Whole Whale and client websites
– Aid in SEO keyword research and content modeling for Whole Whale and our clients
– Writing subject lines and preheader text for Whole Whale and client email campaigns
– Copy edit content on the Whole Whale website
– Help promote Whole Whale content on social media platforms (Youtube and others)
– Editorial experience and a passion for writing
– Understanding of the crossroads between writing for search engines and writing for humans
– Experience with WordPress
– Meticulous eidtorial eye
– Familiarity with media analytics and Moz.com a plus
– Familiarity with email marketing best practices
– Serious attention to detail when it comes to editorial. You caught the typo in this section.
– Passionate about social causes
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to create content for good” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.