Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time position open for 2017. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale is looking for a Multimedia Intern for Summer 2017. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 4 days a week from June to August, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
- Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
- Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Record and edit podcasts in Audacity
- Create virtual reality experiences using 360 video camera
- Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
- Help promote Whole Whale content on social media platforms (Youtube and others)
- Write content for our blog and other parts of the Whole Whale website
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
- Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Familiarity with media analytics a plus
- Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
- Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Our Digital Analytics Intern will work with our Impact team, using Google Analytics and other digital data to find opportunities and insights for our clients. You are an instigator for good, and will create data-informed recommendations for our clients that will help them multiply their impact. The Digital Analytics Intern will work 4 days a week from June to August, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
- Create insight reports from client data using Google Analytics
- Think creatively to find actionable insights for our clients using all available data
- Perform Google Analytics Account Audits for new clients
- Configure Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager accounts
- Oversee things like campaign tagging, event tracking, & goal set up for client accounts
- Build custom dashboards and custom reports for clients based on their individual needs
- Write and edit blog posts on data, nonprofits, and other topics that are of interest to you
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- MS Office Ninja (especially Excel) and google equivalents
- Passionate about social causes
- Desire to learn. Seriously, we know that everyone starts from somewhere, we’re interested in people that want to learn — even if they don’t have experience with a specific program.
- Bonus: SEO, social media analytics, or email analytics experience
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “I love data and nonprofits!” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?