Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one part-time position and one internship open for 2018. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Multimedia + Design Intern for Winter/Spring 2018. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 2-3 days a week from January to May, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
– Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
– Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
– Record and edit podcasts in Audacity
– Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
– Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
– Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Familiarity with media analytics a plus
– Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
– Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Whole Whale, a digital agency that leverages tech to increase impact for nonprofits, is looking for a New York City based part-time front-end developer that can work flexibly with our non-profit client base. You will be working closely with our tech lead and PM to build fun and meaningful technical solutions – from a site that educates young people about healthy relationships to a Poetry Genome – for good. Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
- Develop user-facing elements for websites and products
- Build a library of reusable code for future internal and client projects
- Maintain client and Whole Whale’s sites, including 404 fixes, performance optimization, and plugin updates
- Customize WordPress setup, such as custom post types, fields, and page templates
- Collaborate with designers to ensure technical feasibility of designs
- Style 3rd-party integrations, such as Mailchimp and OptinMonster, to match client’s branding
- Implement schema markup to improve SEO
Google Analytics Configuration
- Communicate with website admins/developers on advanced tracking configuration
- Ability/interest in implementing GA and GTM scripts and code a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 2+ years in relevant coding languages/platforms
- Superb attention to detail and ability to think through edge cases
- Familiarity with WordPress and Drupal
- Proficiency with versioning systems like Git or SVN
- Ability to communicate with non-technical humans
- Familiarity with graphic design tools – Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision
- Bonus: experience in at least one of these areas
- Salesforce SOAP or REST integration
- Google Analytics integration
- SEO and tools like Moz and Google Search Console
- CRMs such as Salesforce and Blackbaud
Send a cover letter and resume to Ann, WW’s tech + design lead, at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 coding for good”. In your cover letter, please focus on these three questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about?
- What is your favorite thing about coding?
- What is your existing experience with development? Be specific – what projects have you worked on and what kind of results did you see? Feel free to share screenshots or other resources to help us understand your past successes.
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern for Summer 2018 to help raise awareness of Whole Whale and our nonprofit clients. Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week from May-August (dates flexible), and will be paid a monthly stipend. Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Daily responsibilities will vary depending on client needs, but you can expect to do stuff like:
Data Analysis + Reporting
- Find insights about client web traffic using Google Analytics data
- Set up, manage, and track Google Analytics goals
- Create ad-hoc reports on client social media and advertising results
Social Media + Digital Advertising
- Manage WW social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Help plan and execute Facebook, YouTube, and other social advertising campaigns for clients
- Manage Google AdWords accounts for our nonprofit clients
Building the WW Brand
- Write and edit blog posts on relevant tech and nonprofit issues
- Help promote WW products like Lighthouse and Whole Whale University
- Experience managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms (i.e. Facebook Insights)
- Experience with Google Adwords and other digital advertising platforms big plus
- Superb attention to detail
- Passionate about social causes
- Desire to learn. Seriously, we know that everyone starts from somewhere – we’re interested in people eager and willing to learn.
Send a cover letter and resume to Alison at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 marketing for good”. In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.