Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. See our open positions below. Whole Whale’s headquarters are based in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. We also have offices in San Francisco and Germany if you’re in the area.
Our Values & Beliefs
We seriously believe we can close the nonprofit education gap in data and tech.
We are geeks who love to find out what the data say about any topic. Smart, analytical, intelligent, data-informed is how we like to refer to our team.
We accept responsibility for our actions with clients and act with their best interests in all decisions.
Even if the glass is empty, we are pretty sure there is a fountain nearby if we look hard enough.
We are always asking questions, testing assumptions and learning as individuals. If we aren’t learning, we feel like we are falling behind.
We measure and improve everything including our own work through our sprint accounting system. We a group that gets things done quickly and at a high level of quality.
Understanding the motivations and feelings of those around us and responding appropriately is the key to being a team player and is something we work toward.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Our Account Strategist Whaler will manage multiple client relationships and work across different Whole Whale teams and projects. With a focus on digital advertising, the Account Strategist Whaler will work largely with the Advertising and Analytics teams to develop, implement, and analyze the performance of digital advertising campaigns for our nonprofit clients. You are inherently curious, dogged in your pursuit of an answer, a delegation master, and strong communicator. This role will work out of Whole Whale’s HQ in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
Client Account Management
- Serve as the direct point of contact for 3-5 nonprofit clients; lead regular meetings, set client expectations, provide email support, present reports and deliverables, and communicate progress on projects
- Be a partner and advocate for the client internally and find ways to deliver quality service and support, exceed their expectations, and increase their digital impact
- Own project management for assigned work; define project objectives and scope to support staff resource allocation and internal operations; manage internal project timelines and delegation of work relevant to team expertise to meet project milestones
- Lead hands-on trainings with clients on topics related to analytics, digital marketing, and other areas of expertise
Digital Advertising Campaign Strategy + Management
- Plan and execute Facebook, YouTube, Google and other digital advertising campaigns for WW and clients
- Plan and execute Google Ad Grant search campaigns for nonprofit client accounts
- Develop and test new campaign ideas and A/B tests to optimize for ad success, including ongoing ad copy updates and keyword research
- Research audiences, targeting, and ad placements to maximize campaign outcomes and client results
- Meticulously set-up paid campaigns with an eye on every small detail and check box
- Manage workflow and assist client managers in clearly presenting and interpreting campaign data and performance
- Think creatively to find and report actionable insights for clients using data from multiple sources, including web & social media analytics and search tools, among others
- Help us continuously improve Whole Whale’s approach to advertising by keeping a finger on the pulse of new ad platforms, tools, strategies, and tactics to drive success
Content Creation + Trainings
- Create recommendation and training documents for clients and partners
- Lead webinars and in-person trainings
- Write and edit blog posts and guides on relevant tech and nonprofit issues and opportunities that interest you
- Research and determine new opportunities and tools to support client success
- Experience managing client and/or partner relationships
- Experience running digital advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google, YouTube, and other digital platforms
- Can handle other people’s money responsibly (i.e. managing a budget over $2,000)
- Experience with Google Analytics and native social media analytics platforms (e.g. Facebook Insights) and a data-driven mindset
- Creative and driven by a need to continuously iterate, think outside the box, and try new things to deliver even better results
- Great atttention to detail and organizational skills – Managing multiple projects at once is a no brainer (Tell us you found this typo in your cover letter)
- Embody WW values of curious, honest, positive, efficient, analytical, empathetic, and mission-driven
- Do-er with a desire to learn — Seriously, we know that everyone starts from somewhere and we’re interested in people eager to learn
- You’re passionate about social causes and believe in the mission of Whole Whale and the clients we support: Wholewhale.com/clients
Send a cover letter and resume to laura+jo[email protected] with the subject line “I <3 ad strategy for good.” In your cover letter, please detail any experience you have with account management, digital advertising, why it interests you, and answer the following questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about?
- What’s one approach to digital advertising you think would benefit them most and why?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Full-time Whaler Benefits
All full-time entry-level employees start at $42,000 per year + undergo a two month “swim test.” At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits for full-time employees:
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.
Staff retreat. Twice a year the team goes on a staff retreat for team-building and goal-setting activities. The Poconos and upstate NY have been popular destinations.
Whale Abroad Month. After completing 2.5 years of full-time employment at the company, Whalers can go on a 1-month work from abroad trip with a reduced 4-day work week schedule. Whole Whale will cover up to $2,500 of the trip cost.
Premium Spotify + Headspace. We cover meditation and music.