Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time, part-time position and one internship open for 2018. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
- Multimedia Intern Whaler
- Digital Strategist Whaler
- Front-end Developer Whaler (part-time)
- Open application drop
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Multimedia Intern for Summer 2018. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week from June to August, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
– Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
– Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
– Record and edit podcasts in Audacity
– Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
– Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
– Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Familiarity with media analytics a plus
– Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
– Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good.” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Digital Marketing Search Strategist and Project Manager
Create effective graphic designs for marketing emails, web pages, social media layouts, and other digital and print marketing assets; Develop effective structures and user flows for web sites to enhance user experience and obtain higher rankings on internet search engines; Design web site templates and optimize them for cross-device user experience; Supervise design and multimedia interns and junior/part-time staff to assist with developing digital and print marketing assets; Optimize website design to maximize user conversion through A/B testing; Provide guidance and recommendations to clients to increase user conversions on web sites; Translate design requirements for web sites into requests to web developers; Plan design project timelines, budgets and staffing to effectively and timely deliver finished marketing assets to clients; Confer with clients on design and production issues. Requires Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Arts, Digital Communication Design or closely related field plus two years’ experience as a User Experience designer or related occupation involving user interface design or web graphics design. Design experience must include two years’ experience using Sketch and Illustrator, and one year experience using Photoshop, InVision, WordPress, HTML, and CSS. In addition, candidate must have at least one year experience in web analytics and web site search engine optimization, including the use of Google Analytics, Optimizely, and SalesForce.
Send a cover letter and resume to George at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 marketing for good”.
Whole Whale is seeking a passionate, smart, and creative marketer to fill a new position. You will work with our Account Strategist to help our clients build their audiences and engagement online, serving as account manager for a roster of nonprofits and for-benefit organizations while eventually taking ownership over one of our areas of service. This is an entry-level position. Whole Whale HQ is based in the DUMBO Heights WeWork.
Client Account Management
- Act as the direct point of contact for 2-4 nonprofit clients; lead regular meetings, provide email support, present reports, and communicate progress on projects
- Lead hands-on trainings with clients on analytics, marketing, and other areas of expertise
- Serve as a partner and advocate for the client internally and look for ways to over-deliver on their behalf
- Execute data-informed strategy reports; use analytics platforms to report on quick client needs and questions
- Improve Whole Whale’s approach to delivering our services through ongoing study and experimentation
- Take part in internal processes for hiring new whalers, choosing client projects to work on, building WW culture, cultivating internal expertise, and running other internal systems
- Help build and scale WW products; write resources for the WW website and find other creative ways of marketing our services and products
- Potentially act as manager for marketing intern(s) or part-timers as needed
- Become an authority: While 50% of this job will be client management, the other 50% will rely on you becoming an authority in one of Whole Whale’s service areas so you may directly chip in
- Stay up to date on industry and platform trends and keep the team informed
- You have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute — or relevant experience — and you have the capacity to learn the things you may not know on this list
- Hungry to continue learning.
- You have a data-influenced mindset and are familiar with: Social media, SEO and content marketing (Moz, Ahrefs), Google Analytics, and social media analytics (Sprout)
- You have multimedia production experience, such as video and podcast editing
- You have experience with Google AdWords and/or running a digital advertising campaign on other platforms like Facebook
- You have a superb attention to detial + are a stickler about making sure reports are “on brand.” It should bug you enough to say something when you see something incorrect in our numbers or words.
- You love working with a team, but know how to get sh*t done on your own.
- You’re passionate about social causes
- You’re positive: While we get that stress is unavoidable and support you in bringing your whole self to work, we value an overall positive attitude towards the work itself and within the WW environment. No negative Mancys.
WW Salary + Benefits
All entry-level employees start at $41,400 per year and undergo a 2-month “swim test.” At the end of those 2 months, if we are the right fit for each other, we offer some pretty awesome benefits:
- Healthcare + Dental. Because duh.
- Unlimited coffee + beer. WeWork has both on tap 🙂
- Unlimited Vacation + Sick Days. We count work getting done — not working days. Minimum 10 days for vacation a year.
- Paid parental leave. We provide full time employees with 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave .
- Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. Yeah, we’re serious about learning.
- Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
- Cell Phone, Tech + Transportation. We cover mobile and MetroCard or bike costs up to $116.50 per month (the price of an unlimited monthly MetroCard). We also cover Spotify and Headspace subscriptions.
- 401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
- Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
- Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Send a cover letter and resume to Olivia, WW’s Account Strategist Whaler, at [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make digital great again”. In your cover letter, please answer these questions: What nonprofit or social impact organization gets you the most excited? What is one project you’d love to champion for them? Can you find one typo on our website?
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Full-time Whaler Benefits
All full-time entry-level employees start at $41,400 per year + undergo a two month “swim test.” At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits for full-time employees:
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.