Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. See our open positions below. Whole Whale’s headquarters are based in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. We also have offices in San Francisco if you’re in the area.
Our Values & Beliefs
We seriously believe we can close the nonprofit education gap in data and tech.
We are geeks who love to find out what the data say about any topic. Smart, analytical, intelligent, data-informed is how we like to refer to our team.
We accept responsibility for our actions with clients and act with their best interests in all decisions.
Even if the glass is empty, we are pretty sure there is a fountain nearby if we look hard enough.
We are always asking questions, testing assumptions and learning as individuals. If we aren’t learning, we feel like we are falling behind.
We measure and improve everything including our own work through our sprint accounting system. We a group that gets things done quickly and at a high level of quality.
Understanding the motivations and feelings of those around us and responding appropriately is the key to being a team player and is something we work toward.
Listen to a former employee talk about his work at Whole Whale honestly
Hear from an employee that worked from abroad for 1 month
Whole Whale is looking for a Digital Advertising Associate to develop, implement, and analyze the performance of digital advertising campaigns for our nonprofit clients. This role will be based out of Whole Whale’s HQ in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
Digital Advertising Campaign Strategy + Management
- Plan and execute digital advertising campaigns for our nonprofit clients across platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Google (video, search, display), LinkedIn, and more
- Research audiences, targeting, and ad placements to maximize campaign outcomes and client results
- Develop new campaign ideas and A/B tests to optimize for ad success, including ongoing ad copy updates and keyword research
- Meticulously set-up campaigns with an eye on every small detail and check box
- Contribute to Whole Whale’s advertising expertise through research of new ad platforms, tools, strategies, and tactics to drive success
Google Ad Grant Strategy + Management
- Develop strategies for search budgets, bid strategies, keyword targeting, and ad messaging for nonprofit Google Ad Grant accounts
- Plan and execute Google Ad Grant search campaigns for nonprofit client accounts
- Stay up to date on Google Ad Grant policies and ensure account compliance
Campaign Analysis and Reporting
- Manage workflow and assist client managers in clearly interpreting and presenting campaign data and performance
- Identify and report actionable insights for clients using data from multiple sources, including web analytics and search tools
- Brainstorm new campaign ideas and opportunities to drive more conversions and increase return — you are never satisfied with flat lines on a graph
- Create dashboards and reports to share campaign results in Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Sheets, and other platforms
- Lead hands-on trainings with clients on paid advertising, the Google Ad Grant, and other areas of expertise
Client Communications & Ownership
- Own and manage advertising projects for 3-5 nonprofit clients
- Lead advertising strategy discussions, present recommendations, and report regularly around paid ads on client calls
- Opportunity to grow and develop as the direct point of contact for nonprofit clients; lead regular meetings, provide email support, present reports, and communicate progress on projects
Build Whole Whale
- Help build, scale and produce WW content
- Write site resources and find other creative ways of marketing our services and products, primarily through paid advertising
- Contribute to WW social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Take part in internal processes for hiring new team members, choosing client projects to work on, building WW culture, cultivating internal expertise, and running other internal systems
- Potentially act as manager for marketing intern(s) or part-timers as needed
- Experience running digital advertising campaigns on Facebook, Google, YouTube, and/or other digital platforms
- Demonstrable experience managing budgets responsibly and effectively
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other web and social media analytics a plus
- Experience with digital fundraising a plus
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills – able to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently
- Embody WW values of curious, honest, positive, efficient, analytical, empathetic, and mission-driven
- Passionate about social causes and believe in the mission of the clients we support: Wholewhale.com/clients
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Advertising 2020”. In your cover letter, please detail any experience you have with digital advertising and address these questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about?
- What’s one approach to digital advertising you’d love to see them use?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Full-time Whaler Benefits
All full-time entry-level employees start at $42,000 per year + undergo a three month “swim test.” Enroll in core benefits like healthcare right away. Then at the end of three months, if we are the right fit for each other, you’ll unlock access to Whole Whale’s other awesome benefits for full-time employees:
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.
Staff retreat. Twice a year the team goes on a staff retreat for team-building and goal-setting activities. The Poconos and upstate NY have been popular destinations.
Whale Abroad Month. After completing 2.5 years of full-time employment at the company, Whalers can go on a 1-month work from abroad trip with a reduced 4-day work week schedule. Whole Whale will cover up to $2,500 of the trip cost.
Premium Spotify + Headspace. We cover meditation and music.