Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time position open for 2017. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Our Analytics Architect Whaler will work with our Analytics Department to dive deep into Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to set up advanced configurations for our clients. She/he is inherently curious and obsessed with finding ways to track user behavior related to social impact. She/he will come up with valuable insights and recommendations for our clients that will help them multiply their impact. This is a mid-level position with lots of opportunity to learn and contribute across many facets of our company. Whole Whale is based in the WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn.
Google Analytics Configuration
- Set up custom dimensions, custom metrics, view filters and other advanced configurations to improve the tracking of social impact behaviors for all of our clients
- Set up and manage Google Tag Manager accounts for clients
- Perform Google Analytics Account Audits for new clients
- Build custom dashboards, custom reports, and Data Studio reports for clients based on their individual needs
- Communicate with website admins/developers on advanced tracking configuration
- Ability/interest in implementing and pushing necessary code a big plus
Google Analytics Analysis, Reporting, + Insights
- Think creatively to find actionable insights for clients using Google Analytics data
- Create custom insight reports from client data such as newsletter/email data, donations, social media, AdWords, and SEO
- Translate findings into easy-to-understand language for clients and present at client meetings
- Create recommendation and training documents for clients
- Write and edit blog posts on Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other topics that are of interest to you
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager advanced code integrations and basic version control a plus
- You’re a web data ninja. No squirrels allowed.
- Superb attention to detail
- You’re a do-er. You’re eager to climb up the learning ladder and implement your learnings quickly.
- You’re not afraid to fail. You take calculated risks and understand the importance of being agile.
- Empathetic – you understand the motivations and feelings of those around you and respond appropriately
- Believe in the mission of Whole Whale
WW Salary + Benefits
Please submit your salary requirements along with your application. All new employees undergo a two month “swim test.” At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits. Scroll down to see the full list.
Send a concise cover letter and resume to George at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 web data for good”. In your cover letter, please answer this question: What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about and what is one Google Analytics configuration you would set up to help that organization measure its impact?
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.
Whole Whale is seeking a passionate, wicked smart, and creative account manager and digital strategist to join our team. This person will work directly with our clients to build their audiences and spark meaningful online engagement. This is an entry- to mid-level position, depending on experience, with lots of opportunity to learn and contribute across many facets of our company. Our account managers are partners first; we need every client to succeed and that success depends on our ability to become a part of their team. This role is an amazing opportunity to work with several national nonprofits and build an understanding of all aspects of digital strategy.
Whole Whale and this position are based in the WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Client Account Management
- Act as the direct point of contact for 4+ nonprofit clients; lead regular meetings, provide email support, present reports and communicate progress on projects.
- Picture-perfect project management of all projects for this client; set timelines and work with other team members to make sure work is moving forward.
- Lead hands-on trainings in person and via video calls with clients on analytics, marketing, and other areas of expertise.
- Serve as a partner and advocate for the client internally and look for ways to overdeliver on their behalf, always looking for “buried treasure” or ways we can help that are not expressly in the contract.
- Execute data-driven strategy reports on areas of expertise, including: SEO/content marketing, web optimization, Google Analytics/web data, social media, A/B testing, and/or digital advertising.
- Use Google Analytics to analyze and report on quick client needs/questions.
- Continuously improve the Whole Whale approach to delivering our services.
- Take part in internal processes for hiring new whalers, choosing client projects to work on, building WW culture, and other internal systems.
- Help build and scale WW products like Whole Whale University and Snorkl.
- Manage marketing intern(s) or part-timers as needed.
- Become an expert – while 70% of this job will be management, the other 30% will rely on you becoming an expert in one of the Whole Whale service areas so you may directly contribute.
- Write and edit blog posts on digital marketing and other topics that are of interest to you
- Stay up to date on digital marketing and platform trends and keep the team informed
Our ideal candidate has these qualities – but don’t let them scare you off! If you think you could rock this position and quickly learn all of the below, we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in an account management or customer service role
- At least 1 year of experience in a management role or leading a team
- Know the concepts behind Agile project management
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and native social media analytics platforms (i.e. Facebook Insights) and a data-driven mindset
- Experience with responsibly handling moolah: managing ad campaigns or other budgets over $20,000.
- Superb attention to detail. You correct other people’s tipos and make lists in your sleep. Let us know if you caught this tipo in your initial email.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently. You love working with a team, but know how to get sh*t done on your own.
- Passionate about social causes – seriously, this is why we show up to work.
- Positive attitude – if the glass is empty it is because we just drank all the beer and are about to get a refill.
- Experience in at least one of these areas. In your cover letter please explain which area(s) of expertise you would bring to the role.
- Web optimization strategies like A/B testing, popups, landing page design
- Marketing/communications strategies like social media, digital advertising, email
- SEO/Content Marketing and tools like Moz and Google Search Console
- Design and tools like Photoshop, Indesign, Sketch
- Video or audio production and tools like Final Cut, Premiere, Audacity
- Other hidden talents???
WW Salary + Benefits
All entry-level employees start at $41,400 per year and undergo a two month “swim test.” Higher starting salaries will be considered based on experience and fit. At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits. Scroll down to see the full list.
Send a cover letter and resume to Julie, WW’s Digital Strategy Whaler, at [email protected] with the subject line “I Want to Whale for Good”. In your cover letter, please focus on these three questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about?
- What is your existing experience with account management? Be specific – what campaigns have you run and what kind of results did you see?
- What would be your additional skill (see qualifications, above)?
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.
Whole Whale is looking for a Multimedia Intern for Summer 2017. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 4 days a week from June to August, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
- Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
- Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Record and edit podcasts in Audacity
- Create virtual reality experiences using 360 video camera
- Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
- Help promote Whole Whale content on social media platforms (Youtube and others)
- Write content for our blog and other parts of the Whole Whale website
- Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
- Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Familiarity with media analytics a plus
- Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
- Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?