Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time, part-time position and one internship open for 2018. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Multimedia Intern for Summer 2018. Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week from June to August, and will be paid a monthly stipend.
– Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
– Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
– Record and edit podcasts in Audacity
– Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
– Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
– Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Familiarity with media analytics a plus
– Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
– Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good.” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Paid Search Part-timer
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Paid Search Whaler to join our growing team. This person will work within our Digital Marketing team to help our clients build their audiences and spark meaningful online engagement. This is a part-time, paid position (~2 days a week). Whole Whale is based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York.
We believe in the power of digital advertising to increase the impact of nonprofit and social good organizations – we’ve spent over $10 million on digital advertising, and even created an online course about it. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the work our clients are doing and is excited about using search advertising campaigns to increase the impacts of these organizations.
- Plan and execute paid search campaigns for our nonprofit client accounts
- Manage keyword lists, keyword bids, and daily campaign budgets
- Conduct keyword research to identify new content and campaign opportunities
- Write, test, and optimize compelling and creative ad copy
- Continuously find ways to optimize campaigns to drive even greater impact and. You are never satisfied with flat lines on graphs.
- Use Google Analytics to analyze and report on digital ad spend and ROI
- Report on account performance to account managers and clients and proactively communicate progress
- Continuously improve the Whole Whale approach to advertising by researching new strategies, compiling research to inform our targeting, revising and building our internal ad system, and finding new tools to help us improve our reporting
- Experience with Google AdWords (experience with the Google Grant a plus)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to find and clearly communicate meaningful insights
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Experience with SEO and content marketing a plus
- Experience with social media advertising a plus
- Passionate about social causes
Send a cover letter and resume to Ali, WW’s Digital Advertising Whaler, at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 marketing for good”. In your cover letter, please answer on these questions:
- What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about, and what is one approach to digital advertising you’d love to see them use?
- What is your existing experience with digital advertising? Be specific – what campaigns have you run and what kind of results did you see?
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Full-time Whaler Benefits
All full-time entry-level employees start at $41,400 per year + undergo a two month “swim test.” At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits for full-time employees:
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.