Whale with us!
Our team loves using data and tech to increase the impact of nonprofits and we are always looking for great people to whale with us. We currently have one full-time, part-time position and one internship open for 2018. See the descriptions below! Whole Whale is based in the new WeWork building in beautiful DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY.
Or find open digital jobs from our partners and clients.
Tweet us if you’re checking us outThis looks like a fun place to work, glad they don't actually kill whales. #npTech Click To Tweet
Whole Whale, a digital agency that works with nonprofits, is looking for a Multimedia Intern for Fall 2018/Winter 2019 (dates flexible). Interns in this role will help us with our efforts to educate nonprofits about important tech topics via video, audio (podcast), and graphic design. Interns are expected to work 3 days a week and will be paid a monthly stipend.
– Record new episodes for our Whole Whale TV series using professional setup that includes backdrop, lighting, microphone and DSLR camera
– Work with our video lead to edit videos in Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro
– Design graphics for Whole Whale content and social media using Photoshop
– Experience with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Audacity
– Experience with visual software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Familiarity with media analytics a plus
– Comfortable behind a camera and using professional video equipments
– Understanding of cutting edge video technologies
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio/links to recent work to [email protected] with the subject line “I want to make media for good.” In your cover letter, please answer this question: What is a social issue you care deeply about?
Digital Analyst Whaler (Full Time)
Our Digital Analyst Whaler will work with our analytics and product teams to dive deep into Google Analytics and other web data platforms to come up with valuable insights and recommendations for our clients that will help them increase their digital impact. They are inherently curious, dogged in their pursuit of an answer and would be able to describe Google Analytics to a 5 year old. This is an entry-level position with lots of opportunity to learn and contribute across many facets of our company. The Digital Analyst Whaler will report to the Head of NY. Whole Whale is headquartered in DUMBO, Brooklyn.
Google Analytics Configuration
- Audit and configure Google Analytics accounts for new clients
- Set up custom dimensions, custom metrics, view filters and other advanced configurations in Google Analytics to improve the tracking of online behaviors
- Set up and maintain workflow for Google Tag Manager accounts
- Build custom dashboards and reports in Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and other platforms to enable visualization of data from multiple sources
- Communicate with website admins/developers on configuration in situations where we don’t have site access
- Ability/interest in implementing and pushing necessary code a big plus
- Continue to learn about the platform as it grows and proactively find new tools and platforms to explore
Data Analysis, Reporting, + Insights
- Think creatively to find actionable insights for clients using data from multiple sources, including web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, research & survey tools, open source datasets, etc.
- Create custom reporting models in Excel to efficiently track and analyze things like ad spend results
- Assist client managers in the presentation and interpretation of statistical data, including conclusions and recommendations
- Be the canary in the coal mine for our clients’ web data
- Test, troubleshoot, and participate in feature development for our internal Google Analytics add-on tool Lighthouse
- Create recommendation and training documents for clients
- Write and edit blog posts and guides on Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other topics that are of interest to you
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited organization or relevant experience
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager or other web analytics platforms
- Advanced Excel skills a must. 10x productivity with formulas.
- You’re able to turn numbers into stories – our clients learn something new from you every month
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts
- You’re a web data ninja. No squirrels allowed.
- Superb atttention to detail (note you found this typo in cover letter)
- You’re a do-er – you’re eager to climb up the learning ladder and implement your learnings quickly.
- You’re not afraid to fail – you take calculated risks and understand the importance of being agile.
- You’re empathetic – you understand the motivations and feelings of those around you and respond appropriately
- You believe in the mission of Whole Whale and in the clients we support: Wholewhale.com/clients
Send a concise cover letter and resume to Laura, WW’s Impact Whaler, at [email protected] with the subject line “I <3 data for good”. In your cover letter, please answer this question: What nonprofit or social impact organization do you care deeply about and what is one Google Analytics goal you would set up to help that organization measure its impact?
Whole Whale is an equal opportunity employer.
Are you a developer? Would you like to be part of building a brand new product and developing new features for our nonprofit clients?
Are you a data analyst/strategist? Looking for an opportunity to do meaningful data strategy work with Google Analytics?
Are you a digital marketing expert? Want to learn more about turning digital advertising into social impact?
We’re always on the hunt for good talent. If you think you could make a big impact at Whole Whale, send us your resume and a brief note explaining your background and how Whole Whale could benefit from bringing you on board. Send these materials to [email protected]
Full-time Whaler Benefits
All full-time entry-level employees start at $41,400 per year + undergo a two month “swim test.” At the end of those two months, if we are the right fit for each other, Whole Whale offers some pretty awesome benefits for full-time employees:
Free, unlimited, delicious coffee and beer. Thanks WeWork!
Healthcare + Dental + Vision. Because duh.
Unlimited Vacation (min 10) + Sick Days. We count work getting done – not working days.
Educational Stipend. $1,000 a year to spend on approved educational activities, books, classes, or conferences. We’re serious about learning.
Work from home Fridays. Because #America.
Cell Phone + Transportation. We cover cell phones for employees that join the company plan, and encourage all employees to use pre-tax Transitcheck to purchase Metrocards.
401k. With matching up to 4% of salary contribution.
Profit Sharing. A percentage of profits are shared through 401k distributions to full-time employees that qualify.
Puppy Whaler Visits. Who doesn’t love dogs in the office?
Paid parental leave. New parents can take up to 12 weeks of paid leave to be with their new child. After that, up to 3 months of unpaid leave or flexible time can be arranged.