With projects like Google Loon, universal access to internet is becoming a matter of when – not if. In this brief discussion, we discuss the impact that universal connectivity will have on nonprofits and what web analytics will look like in this landscape. Avinash Kaushik, the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google, co-Founder of Market Motive Inc and author of best selling analytics books. Avinash shares his thoughts on how nonprofits will be able to move from a transient to a persistent connection with donors and how new opportunities will open up for under developed countries.
Avinash also makes some bold claims that any nonprofit would be able to improve their fundraising efforts by 50% by fully leveraging analytics and creating a marketing model.
In 6 months, any nonprofit can achieve a 50% efficiency in fundraising by analyzing data. @Avinash Click To Tweet Podcast w/ @avinash. Care about, Do about, Impact if done: The critical approach to analyzing data. Click To Tweet
- Occam’s Razor Blog data storytelling post
- Occam’s Razor Blog: Custom reports Google Analytics
- Occam’s Razor Blog: Digital marketing and measurement model
- Nonprofits Mentioned
- Model Social media metrics
- Conversation Rate – comments
- Amplification rate – retweets
- Applause Rate – likes, favorites
- Economic value
- Model for making data matter
- When looking at any data set for your organization move through these three areas to determine what and how to tell the story of your data.
- Care about
- Do about it
- Impact if done
Follow Avinash Kaushik
- Our favorite book of his: Web Analytics 2.0
- His blog: Occam’s Razor
- Avinash on Twitter
- Market Motive Training for Web Analytics
Find more free tools and resources through Google for Nonprofits.