We talked with Rob Wu the CEO of CauseVox about data from the 2015 Fundraising Effectiveness Survey Report put together by the Fundraising Effectiveness Project. How important is keeping and retaining a donor vs hunting for new ones? Why are first year donor’s so likely to not return? We discuss the data and more importantly how nonprofits should think about keeping their donors.
- Donor Retention Averaged 43%. Donor Attrition Averaged 57%
- The Gift Retention Rate Was 47%
- 19% Of First Time Donors Are Retained. 63% Of Repeat Donors Are Retained
- Organizations Less Than 5 Years Retained 40% of Donors
- donor retention stats from CauseVox
- donor retention best practices – ebook
- Association of Fundraising Professionals