Joe Moran, the Chief Creative Officer of The True Colors Fund is a master of automating his work. His trick starts by creating a list of repetitive tasks as he comes across them and then seeing how they may be automated by tools like ITTT.com and Zapier.com. Time is a resource and by leveraging these tools, Joe is able to make the most of his. Co-founded by Cyndi Lauper, the True Colors Fund works to end homelessness among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth, creating a world in which young people can be their true selves. By using these tools, their small staff is able to accomplish an incredible amount of impact.
In the U.S. 40% of homeless youth identify as LGBT compared to 7% of the general population. @truecolorsfund Click To Tweet
- Thunderclap – schedule a mass blast on social media by your followers
- Keyhole.co – real time Twitter hashtag tracking.
- Salesforce.org – nonprofit free version of Salesforce’s powerful CRM database software.
- Ittt.com – simple and flexible automation tool that lets you build ‘recipes’ to automate across platforms.
- Zapier.com – advanced and very customizable automation software.
- Gravity forms – simple form integrations for WordPress that can hook data into other platforms like Salesforce.
- Find Joe and The True Colors Fund on Twitter