How does your organization treat donor emails in the first 45 days? According to research by Classy, 45 days is the threshold of where donors are most likely to upgrade their donation (aside from the 365 day mark) or upgrade to a recurring gift. But what are organizations doing during that time period? We interview Brady Josephson from NextAfter about an email cultivation study they did with Kindful which analyzed 2,500 nonprofit donor emails revealing where they failed and areas they can improve.
- Get the email cultivation study: cultivatingdonors.com
- Get fundraising research, resources, and training: nextafter.com/institute (use the code PODCAST to save 25%)
- Listen to The Generosity Freakshow: nextafter.com/podcast
- Attend the Nonprofit Innovation & Optimization Summit: https://www.niosummit.com/ (use the code PODCAST to save 25%)
- Connect with Brady on Twitter, @bradyjosephson, or LinkedIn (in/bradyjosephson)
Brady is the Managing Director of the NextAfter Institute where he performs original research, develops evidence-based resources, and provides data-driven training to help organizations raise more money online to fund their life-changing work.
A charity nerd, adjunct professor, and international speaker, his thoughts have been featured in The Huffington Post, NPR, and The Chronicle of Philanthropy among others. He was the lead researcher and author of The Canadian Online Fundraising Scorecard, The State of Nonprofit Donation Pages, and The State of Nonprofit Email Cultivation. Brady is also a host of The Generosity Freakshow — a podcast discussing how we can improve, optimize, and grow giving.