GivingTuesday Raises Record $2.7 Billion In Donations
Annual day of generosity GivingTuesday has generated approximately $2.7 billion in donations, according to the folks at givingtuesday.org. The record-setting day of generosity topped 2020’s giving sum by 9%. While the increase in donations from 2019 to 2020 was, percentage-wise, much higher, 2021’s total donations still set a record. Learn more about GivingTuesday’s efforts to understand philanthropic and charitable generosity through their GivingTuesday Data Commons.
Clinton Foundation Donations Drop 75% Since Presidential Run
The Clinton Foundation, an international-facing organization focused on numerous programs like international sustainability and leadership development, saw a decrease in charitable donations of nearly 75% since its peak during Hillary Clinton’s presidential run. While the organization says it was able to fully fund programs by tapping into its significant endowment, the foundation says it was hurt by the inability to host in-person fundraising events. More broadly, the organization is experiencing a financial trough as the celebrity politicians who founded it continues to recede from the public arena.
- Ex-Stripe execs, VCs launch new nonprofit to promote ‘responsible’ innovation
- Nonprofit shows dignity to Indigenous asylum-seekers who are ‘bullied’ south of the border
- Nonprofit launches ‘Black City Hall’ to address gaps in access to critical services – The Boston Globe
- $2.4M Donated for Crypto Tuesday
- Big day for miniature horses: Ribbon cutting opens therapy nonprofit’s grant-supported new barn