Nonprofit Job Gains Slow As Sector Approaches Pre-Pandemic Employment Levels
According to data from the Center for Civil Society Studies (CCSS) at Johns Hopkins University as reported by the Nonprofit Times, nonprofit job growth slowed in November but shows that most nonprofit categories are expected to achieve near full employment by the end of the year. While nonprofits have recovered nearly 70% of lost jobs since the beginning of the pandemic, there remain approximately 485,000 missing jobs (of the initial 1.64 million lost). Nonprofit arts and entertainment organizations have seen the slowest recovery, down 13% of their jobs compared to before the pandemic.
Read more ➝
What To Know About The Log4j Vulnerability
Nonprofit open-source software organization Apache Software Foundation has announced a vulnerability that, left unresolved, poses a glaring cybersecurity threat across global commercial, corporate, and government networks. The Log4j vulnerability opens up the possibility of a significant breach in the form of malware, ransomware, and other attacks. The U.S. government has been working alongside cybersecurity experts to determine next steps while Microsoft has already identified threats from suspected state-backed actors in China and Iran. Read more about how companies are addressing the problem.
Read more ➝
- Environmental nonprofits receive just 2% of charitable dollars (Fast Company).
- How NFTs are helping charities and nonprofits fundraise (Denver Channel)
- Nonprofit Nazareth Child and Family Connection, nonprofits feel effects of ‘great resignation’ – Salisbury Post
- Foster care crisis is ‘out of control’ in Texas, with both children and staff in danger
- Letters to Santa in Braille: How a Lancaster nonprofit is helping kids who are visually impaired this Christmas (Lancaster Online)