Trevor Project CEO Under Fire For Purdue Pharma Consulting Work
Trevor Project CEO Amit Paley is coming under internal pressure from staff for previous consulting work done at McKinsey for Purdue Pharma, according to reporting from Teen Vogue. (The first revelations were published by the Huffington Post.) Purdue Pharma, responsible for bringing OxyContin to market, is widely perceived as playing a critical role in the opioid crisis in America. Paley was a consultant at McKinsey working on the Purdue account, although his leadership and responsibilities in that role are disputed. Trevor Project staff have criticized the revelation, especially as the core mission of the Trevor Project is helping at-risk LGBTQ+ youth at risk of mental health crisis and suicide, verticals of care impacted by opioid abuse and misuse. The chair of Trevor Project’s board of directors has expressed “full confidence” in Paley while others inside the organization are quoted anonymously as saying the mood is “grim.”
Read more ➝
- Post-‘Roe’ Digital-Privacy Concerns Should Send a Signal to Nonprofits: Take Online Security Seriously | The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Senate Appropriations proposes $360 million for nonprofit security grants | Jewish Insider
- What Inflation? DAF Awards To NPOs Remain Strong | The NonProfit Times
- Nonprofit creates opportunities for formerly incarcerated | Spectrum News
Sponsored: Is an AI Monster coming for content jobs?
Webinar: Thursday 8/4, 1pm EST
Are you curious about how artificial intelligence (AI) can help your nonprofit create content more efficiently? In this webinar, we’ll discuss how AI writers can be used to augment your content strategy and save you time and resources. You’ll learn about the different types of AI writers available and how they can be incorporated into your content workflow. We’ll also share some tips and best practices for getting the most out of AI writers.
- Learn about different types of AI writers and how they can help your nonprofit create content more efficiently
- Understand how to incorporate AI writers into your existing content workflow
- Get tips and best practices for getting the most out of AI writers